Plain-English power: Win and throw your enemy's ships out of the game permanently.
Loved by: Guys who like being intimidating; evil people; masochists (and Masochist).
Loathed by: Aliens who otherwise don't mind losing (Warrior, Hacker); aliens whose ships are precious (Macron, Amoeba).
Three ways to win as Void:
- Be patient. Opponents will probably save their best cards for you, so try to bait them out before you play your best cards. You'll probably be ahead in ship count anyway.
- Others will likely be wary about allying against you, so they might just come to your side if you ask. Don't give away free stuff, though.
- Don't worry too much about losing your ships to the Warp. Once you start winning a few encounters, you'll pretty much always have an advantage in ships.
- Be careful with your ships. Give serious thought to using fewer ships than you normally would against most other aliens.
- Winning against Void is dependent on the cards in your hand, since you'll probably risk few ships (as will your allies). Save your best cards for him, if possible.
- Avoid using the Mobius Tubes unless you really need it, since Void will probably have the most ships in the Warp.
Anything else? While Void in previous versions could remove a player from the game by eradicating too many ships, CE Online and the FFG edition prevent a player from losing so many ships that they become unable to win.
— Submitted by Toomai Glittershine