Plain-English power: You have two hands of cards.
Loved by: Greedy guys, those who like a safety net.
Loathed by: Card-stealers, those who enjoy pounding their enemy's hand, Han Solo.
Three ways to win as Miser:
- At the start of the game, pick your better hand as your hoard. Generally, this hand would include more Artifacts, more Flares, or just your best Attack.
- Don't assume your hoard is only for emergencies. Treat the safe cards the same as your regular hand.
- Miser is the best alien at storing cards until the best time, especially since he can keep a hoard without encounter cards. However, if you can't see how your hoarded Artifacts and Flares will have a significant effect, then get a new hoard.
- Keep Miser's regular hand small. He already has twice as many cards as you, so cut him down to size a bit.
- Try to force the good stuff out of Miser's hoard, especially at the beginning of the game. For example, make him play his best attack out of it. A hoard without good cards is more of a burden than an asset.
- Watch how often the Miser player checks his hoard. If he checks it often, chances are he'll use it more often than someone who lets it sit for a few encounters at a time. Frequent checks can also mean he has a good stored card he doesn't want to miss using (although this is dependant on how good his memory is).
Anything else? Miser appeared twice in major CE expansions, but never in a base set until the FFG edition.
— Submitted by Toomai Glittershine