Plain-English power: Draw three cards after Reveal; if any are Encounter cards, one may replace/add to the card you played.
Loved by: Slot machine enthusiasts; fans of the movie "Maverick"; top-decking SOBs.
Loathed by: People who play straightforward; unlucky saps.
Three ways to win as Chosen:
- There are 15 Negotiates and 39 Attack Cards. Why get stuck with playing a low Attack? Go ahead and toss it out, and pray for a Negotiate; be sure to give thanks to Chosen's Higher Power for what ye are about to receive.
- If the average value of Attack cards is 10.5, then the average value of any two random Attack cards is 21. That's the kind of advantage you have going into most encounters!
- Any cards you draw when you "pray" are discarded. Note what they are. If you get rid of high Attacks, then that's one more Attack that can't be played strongly against your additive power. In some cases, using your power just to burn through the draw deck faster can get good cards back into rotation quicker, or make sure they aren't drawn for a while.
- Ionic Gas. Why? Because it's likely if Chosen fails to beat you mathematically, he'll turn up a Negotiate with his power and settle for draining your hand.
- When playing against Chosen, ensuring you're at least 11 points ahead before the three cards are drawn makes the random draw a bit less in Chosen's favor (see #2 above).
- Clumsily hand a mirror to the Chosen player before the game gets going, or make him walk under a ladder. Barring that, make sure the Chosen player's not much of a churchgoer.
— Submitted by Zach Gaskins