First appearance: Eon base set
Plain-English power: Multiply your ships by your card (and then add allies).
Loved by: Low-total-wins powers, math nerds.
Loathed by: The rest of the cosmos.
Three ways to win as Virus:
- Don't be a bully. Virus is naturally an "outcast" power - everyone will hate you as soon as its sheet is turned face-up. Being nice in the early going (such as not blowing people up with four ships and a 15) will stop it from getting any worse.
- Your ships are valuable. Risk as few as you can in the opening so you'll have more left over in the end-game, where most good cards (such as the Zaps) are gone and you can really blow people away.
- If Anti-Matter or Loser is in the game, do what it takes to get the 00 card. Zero times anything is zero. (With that in mind, be very careful about having one of your home colonies vaccinated.)
Three ways to win against Virus:
- Deplete his resources. Use the Plague. Play N's. Target him as Vacuum or Hacker. Ionic Gas him. Virus can still bring it with few ships and low cards, so destroy as many as you can.
- Don't invite him. Virus generally doesn't need help getting a colony, and you don't want him to get more stuff (see #1).
- If you must go toe-to-toe with Virus (such as when he's going for the win), then just Zap him. Power-wise, Anti-Matter and Loser have an easy time dealing with him, while other powerhouses such as Warrior have a decent chance.
— Submitted by Toomai Glittershine