Plain-English power: Your ships are negative; the other guy's aren't; lower total wins.
Loved by: The mathematically-inclined; those who enjoy pounding powerhouses such as Warrior and Macron.
Loathed by: Those who don't "get" integer addition; the aforementioned powerhouses.
Three ways to win as Anti-Matter:
- Attack a planet with a ton of ships on it, then send as many ships as you can. The enemy is in a hole already.
- Remember that reinforcements add to your total. If you need to play them, play them on the enemy's side.
- Try to manipulate alliances such that you'll win whether you get zapped or not.
- Alliances. Without allies, you are guaranteed to be "behind" before cards are played (even with only 1 ship).
- Do the math. You don't want to waste a zap if Anti-Matter wins anyway. Powerhouses such as Macron should consider the virtues of self-zapping.
- The 00 card is like gold, especially to Virus or Tripler, who can use it pull off a game-changing upset.
Anything else? Oddly, Anti-Matter's flare has pretty much nothing to do with its power.
— Contributed by Toomai Glittershine