Plain-English power: Trade your entire hand with someone else's entire hand.
Loved by: Players who can't get enough of "take that!" moments; fans of dancing crabs.
Loathed by: Those who dislike chaos; players who become too attached to their pieces.
Three ways to win as Trader:
- Subtle is bad. Plow through your good cards and artifacts right away, then start thinking about trading.
- Pay attention! The more trades you make, the more you should have a general idea of who has what cards.
- Watch those aliens, too. Don't let inattention result in a trade of Ns to Pacifist, low cards to Anti-Matter, or high cards to Virus. Know the other aliens and how their powers work.
- Play one of the aliens in #3 above.
- Zaps are your best friends. Trader often counts on trading to win; ruining that plan is just good, clean fun.
- Be careful with alliance invitations. Remember that Trader can go from weak to unstoppable with one trade; do you really need his help on offense to win?
— Submitted by Duke Ritenhouse