Plain-English power: You are a living, breathing +4 Reinforcement card.
Loved by: Lovers of the underdog; xenophobes; those who appreciate a fine self-zap.
Loathed by: Those who can't handle plot-twists; players fresh out of Card Zaps.
Three ways to win as Human:
- Zaps are as gold to Human. The key moment in the game will come when you (or possibly an ally) will need to zap Human to create an automatic win. Don't let that moment pass.
- Remind anyone who will listen (and everyone else, too) how valuable you are as an ally. Be sure to do this on every encounter.
- Don't sneer at your power. Human might not be much in the early going, but a permanent +4 boost is nothing to be laughed at during the end-game, when many encounters are won with scores like 13-11. Keep your head up and keep plugging away.
- Be aware of the Zaps and the Card Zaps. The FFG deck has two of each; your job is to always be aware of how many are left, who has them, and how you can use this information to mess with Human's plans.
- Consider alliances carefully. Yes, it's nice to have a permanent +4 on your side of every encounter, but don't do all of Human's work for him.
- Try not to laugh too hard. No, that's not Sorcerer or Virus you're facing, and you'll rarely be blown out of the water like against Tripler or Warrior. But Human is worthy of respect, especially at four colonies, where he's just a zap away from an easy-as-can-be win.
— Submitted by Duke Ritenhouse