Plain-English power: Ships are worth 4, but you can only send one.
Loved by: BIG people; defensive "turtling" players; guys with deep voices.
Loathed by: The meek — that's everyone else, relative to the M-Dog himself.
Three ways to win as Macron:
- Your ships are precious. Avoid Anti-Matter, Loser, Spiff, and Vacuum whenever possible. Be ready to Card Zap any Cosmic Zaps headed in your direction.
- Yours is a defensive power at heart. Keep your home colonies as evenly defended as possible. You might even want to lose a home colony (or two!) just to further reinforce the others.
- Offensive alliance invitations will be plentiful — accept them unless it puts someone else much closer to winning. Pick which defensive ally invitations you accept carefully (see Anything Else).
- Invite Mac to ally, then bait and switch (play to lose, or Negotiate).
- Plague him constantly. Resist the temptation to play Mobius Tubes if Macron's heavily in the warp, as the benefits are four-fold.
- Unless you're one of his feared enemies (see above), avoid attacking Macron where he's heavily invested (or at all, if you can).
Anything else? The Fantasy Flight Games edition is an upgrade for Macron: ships count as 2 (instead of 1) for purposes of defensive rewards and compensation. This gives him more reason to ally on defense and to play Negotiates to drain cards, especially on defense.
— Submitted by Zach Gaskins